The Warner Mountain Lumber mill has been purchased and is reopening as High Desert Lumber, LLC and is hiring multiple Mill Workers. Initial job duties will involve heavy cleanup, and regular mill duties will ensue thereafter. Ability to operate a Forklift preferred. Absolutely NO SMOKING on premises.
Regular Job Duties include (but not limited to):
- Load and unload lumber and logs from trucks, using log loaders, forklifts, and conveyors
- Conduct inspection of logs to identify defects and indicate areas of poor quality for removal
- Store logs in inventory sorted by species, length, and diameter
- Operating a “debarker” to remove bark prior to sawing logs into lumber.
- Move logs from inventory onto moving tables to transport to sawing machines for manufacturing into lumber – requires using a log loading machine
- Guide log position onto feed works –“carriage” to ensure cutting is precise and according to standards
- Operate mechanized tools and equipment in the sawmill to manufacture smaller dimension lumber from large timbers. This will include operating power saws, saw automated machines, and bucking and trim saws to produce raw logs and lumber in desired lengths.
- Adjust and sharpen the teeth (filing) of the sawing machine to improve operational efficiency
- Stacking lumber on “sticks” to allow for drying and seasoning of lumber.
- Utilize specialized equipment such as a drying kiln for drying lumber
- Maintain accurate record of job operations as well as up-to-date inventory
- Maintain the mill building and yard in clean and fire safe manner
- Ensure proper disposal of waste materials on completion of job operations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards during work operations.
Please fill out the attached Standard Application for Employment, and return with a resume and three references to Alliance for Workforce Development at 701 N. Main #1, Alturas CA, Monday-Thursday, between the hours of 9am-Noon / 1pm-4pm. Please call 530-233-4161 for more information.
High Desert Lumber, LLC is an EOE.