At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Operate arc welder, cutting torch, hand tools, forklift, and welding truck
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• There is occasional heavy-lifting while working with both hot and cold weather environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ recent verifiable related work history or educational equivalent
• Proficient in welding, cutting, and using hand tools for repairs
• Ability to recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics preferred
• Industrial/sawmill maintenance would be a bonus
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.