Clinical Care Additional Job Description
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities.
As a critical access hospital, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers a wide range of programs and services to aid in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness. As a Multi-Modality Technologist, in this rural facility, you will have the ability to work in several modalities providing care to our patients. This is a per diem role. If you like the idea of being able to perform a variety of imaging duties in your work, with a fantastic work life balance, this opportunity is for you – apply today!
This is a per diem opportunity that will work as determined by department needs. Per diem positions are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. You will be eligible to apply to regular full-time or part-time opportunities as an internal applicant. In addition, you will enjoy excellent compensation, shift differentials, paid orientation, employee wellness program and employee discounts.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you’ll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
- Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
- Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
- Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
- Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
- Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
- Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology programs. Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) based on modalities in which they will be conducting work and licensure by the state regulatory agency as applicable. As of August 1, 2019, all Multi-Modality Technologist’s hired on or after August 1,2019 will be required to have an advance certification by an accrediting body in a specialty if applicable. BLS certification required
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of Radiologic Technologist experience. Must be actively working in each certified modality, in accordance with the needs of the facility. The Multi-Modality Technologist I will be required to rotate and cover department scheduling as needed and required in areas where obtained certifications apply. Multi-Modality Technol I Requires certification in two (2) or more of the following modalities: Radiologic (X-ray), Computed Tomography (CT), Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography, Breast Sonography, Angiography.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.Minimum Education and Experience