Next Gen Specialist
Job Training Center
Red Bluff, CA
FT / Mon-Fri
8am to 4:30pm
$18-$23 per hour / DOE, +benefits
Coach / Mentor / Facilitator
Are you a SELF STARTER who is able to help young adults achieve their career goals? Are you familiar with and able to engage NEXT GEN’s from diverse backgrounds? Do you have a passion for MENTORING? Can you COACH, MOTIVATE and FACILITATE to help them with a career plan?
The Job Training Center provides workforce development services. We are seeing an energetic, innovative professional to join our team working with young adults, ages 18-24.
The right candidate will have knowledge of career planning, vocational training opportunities, job search strategies, and employer expectations for successful job retention. An awareness of key industry sectors in the north state region is desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Behavioral Science, Counseling, Psychology, Business Management or a closely related field
· Ability to effectively engage and mentor young adults, ages 18-24, providing coaching, career planning, and case management
· Knowledge of current job search methods and able to guide job seekers individually and in a group setting
· Ability to monitor skills development, academic, and personal progress and provide coaching interventions when needed
· Maintain timely client case documentation with accuracy, completeness and confidentiality
· Able to build effective network with community partner agencies
· Strong understanding of employer needs and expectations
· Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Social Media
· Strong public speaking, writing, and proof reading skills
· Ability to read, understand, and interpret applicable policies and regulations
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license, proof of insurance, and pass a pre-employment drug screen
Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus!
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and completed standard application to: Job Training Center, 718 Main Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080 or email email@example.com
Complete job description is available. Position is open until filled.
Minimum Education and Experience
About Job Training Center
Job Training Center provides workforce development services for Tehama County