Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $113,927.00 – $138,479.00 Annually
Tentative interview date: 1st & 2nd Friday, 3/29/2024 from 4:00pm to 5:00 pm
Testing Dates: 3/20/2024 – 3/22/2024. Tests will be provided via email.
New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning step of the salary range.
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does NOT require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Medical Clinic or Mental Health Director and within close proximity of a physician, the Nurse Practitioner performs a variety of services in the examination and treatment of patients of the Health Services Agency, including the medical clinic, behavioral health, jail and juvenile detention facility, to support the goals of the Medical Clinic or Behavioral Health centers.
ABOUT THE DIVISION
The Medical Clinic and Behavioral Health centers are committed to meeting the community needs of Tehama County adults and children by ensuring patients receive the highest level of medical care and client services available. Tehama County Health Services Agency works to accomplish this goal by building partnerships with other local agencies and organizations in the delivery of individual and group programs to those who are in need. Every position is a key position at Tehama County Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization, as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Serves as a treatment provider to patients at the Health Services Agency, Juvenile Detention Facility and the Jail, following established guidelines, procedures, protocol and restrictions as applicable to certified Nurse Practitioners;
- Administers medical care to patients in a clinic or community setting; including dispensing and injecting medications and providing medical treatments; observes patients’ conditions and behavior reporting significant issues to a supervising physician; may be required to serve on-call as appropriate to accomplish these tasks;
- Interviews patients and takes thorough patient histories; reviews health records; performs physical and mental status examinations during walk-in and scheduled appointments; records findings and patient care notes with accuracy and timeliness per Agency protocol.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & LICENSES:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner college program
- Three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience as a Nurse Practitioner is highly desirable
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Valid Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner certificate issued by the California Consumer Affairs’ Medical Board of California
- Valid Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Valid Controlled Substance Registration certificate issued by the Drug Enforcement Administration
- Must posses or be willing to obtain, a National Provider Identifier(NPI)
- Must not be excluded from participation in any federally funded health care program including, without limitation, Medicare or Medi-Cal
Tehama County currently has multiple vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (see separate recruitment), as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-528-3204 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
About Tehama County Health Services Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provideintegrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment,intervention, treatment and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care,whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate,and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall health of our clients.