Rolling Hills Clinic
Corning & Red Bluff locations
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for quality and
completeness of assigned medical services at any of the clinic sites. The Nurse Practitioner must be knowledgeable in
systems improvement and have the ability to facilitate a culture of a “Patient Centered Medical Home”. To provide primary health care services consistent with the philosophy of Rolling Hills Clinic (RHC). The nurse practitioner practices under a supervising physician as per California State Nurse Practice Act as determined/ and set forth by the facility chosen standardized procedure.
Under the general supervision of the lead physician and in accordance with standardized procedures, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing primary care to ambulatory patients through regular health assessments and the management of common acute and chronic stable conditions. The Nurse Practitioner obtains a health history and performs a physical assessment, identifies problems, and formulates plans that include treatment, health education and counseling. The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with other health care professionals in assessing and managing health care problems and maintaining continuity of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide primary care to members, including histories, exams, lab tests, prescriptions and referrals within prescribed up to date guidelines and protocols.
- Perform accurate and timely documentation of histories, subjective findings, physical exam, plans, prescriptions and follow up in Electronic Health Records System within 72 hours of the visit.
- Focus on patients with chronic, unstable or multi-system problems but does include acute simple illness as well as healthcare maintenance.
- Document patient chart entries in Subjective, Objective, Assessment & Plan (SOAP) format; following RHC policies, and Medicaid and Medicare guidelines.
- Assure that health education is provided with each patient encounter when applicable.
- Assist in the development of Standards of Care for the medical department.
- Provide required federal and states ambulatory patient care data on appropriate forms.
- Provide members and patients information concerning their evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Engage members in participation and decision involving their healthcare. Provide counseling for patients with diet, hygiene and preventative healthcare.
- Actively participate and engage in quality improvement for clinic efficiencies and improving member quality of care.
- Timely coordination of care among internal and external ancillary providers and hospitals to provide high quality care between departments and facilities.
- Function within an interdisciplinary team and participate in interdisciplinary activities such as panel management and case conferences.
- Consult supervising physician or colleagues when needed for complicated or case is outside the scope of practice.
- Provide out-of-clinic patient services as determined by RHC; including but not limited to, inpatient care, home health visits, or home visits on a case by case basis
- Participate in Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities, including regularly scheduled meetings, clinical audits and peer review.
- Advise the Medical Committee/ Facility Administration of any situations that may adversely impact the efficiency of the medical department.
- Participate in the development of medical department policies and procedures in accordance with Tribal policies, accreditation requirements and professional standards.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of research based medicine and care.
- Knowledge of the etiology of communicable diseases and human nutrition.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of an Indian Health Clinic.
- Knowledge of social, cultural and economic factors as they relate to health and disease.
- Knowledge of interviewing and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of public health and community resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative, fellow peers, and other work related outside agencies.
- Ability to provide information and guidance in regards to RHC personnel and departmental policies.
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Be able to see between 16-22 members per day, and complete accurate documentation within 72 hours of visit into the electronic health record (EHR) system.
- To work as medical team assisting other providers in completing their responsibilities as necessary, e.g., seeing members, processing refills, clearing member approval queue, and provider inbox.
- Effectively manage a member panel up to the goal set by the organization.
- Display the highest level of professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic, serving as a model for all clinic staff.
- Maintain requirements of licensure, DEA certification and board certification if hired as board certified. Fulfill and maintain requirements for credentialing, privileging internally and externally with payers and regulatory bodies.
- Provide comprehensive, high quality medical services to all members/patients without bias, regardless of age, sex, gender identification, income, national origin or language.
- Consider individuals’ cultural, psychological, social and environmental factors in creating treatment/care plans.
- Actively participate in meetings as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Participate in trainings of other medical personnel as requested.
Go to rhclinic.org/employmentMinimum Education and Experience