Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for full time Nurse Supervisor. The Nurse Supervisor assists the Chief Nursing Officer with the overall coordination of the Nursing Department. Serve as a clinical resource to nursing personnel. Responsible for the coordination and direction of the Acute Care and Emergency Department. Manages and organizes the duties of the nurses. Coordinates a working schedule for staff and evaluates their work. Coordinates educational opportunities for staff members.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Act as a liaison between the Chief Nursing Officer and the Nursing staff.
• Is responsible for the supervision of nursing activities of patients in the Acute facility. Assures the maintenance of quality of patient care, including compliance with physician’s orders and hospital policies.
• Assists the CNO with staffing schedules, payroll and overtime authorization. May hire, fire or take disciplinary action in conjunction with the CNO. Completes evaluations on all acute nursing staff according to facility policy and as directed by CNO. Assists with recruitment activities, as needed.
• Assists in Emergency Room and Acute Floor, as needed.
• Is knowledgeable about the current Acute Care patients, completes the acuity/census report daily and adjusts staffing accordingly. Keeps the CNO informed.
• Assists in the orientation of new nursing personnel and in staff education, as needed. Is a role model for nursing staff and assures that all patients, residents, staff and relative/visitors are treated with dignity and respect. Assures that staff use appropriate communication skills while interacting with others.
• Assists with the development and management of the Nursing Budget. Actively seeks methods of cost containment within the nursing department.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current RN licensure in good standing in the state of California.
• 2 years clinical experience required.
• ACLS, PALS, CPR and TNCC certification mandatory.
• Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
• Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates may apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
EOEMinimum Education and Experience