Northern California Child Development
Tehama County Head Start & Early Head Start
Responsible for the overall planning, administration, & implementation of the Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) & nutrition services for Head Start and Early Head Start (HS & EHS).
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor Nutrition services to ensure that Performance Standards are met.
- Assures compliance with CACFP Regulations.
- Enter budget and all other required information into Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS), update as needed. Prepare monthly CACFP report for Policy Council and Governing Board.
- Conduct regular analysis of food costs and other CACFP costs to ensure maximum utilization of CACFP funding.
- Prepares written reports, as necessary.
- Monitor Food Service Worker (FSW) staff to ensure compliance with health and nutrition performance standards and CACFP regulations.
- Coordinate with Site Supervisors as it pertains to the FSW staff and their compliance to regulations and overall performance.
- Coordinate regular meetings and trainings with FSW.
- Complete all trainings required by CACFP and other trainings as needed.
- Work with staff to maintain a safe environment for children, staff and volunteers and to report any known safety problems to Supervisor.
- Responsible for referrals, follow-up and records in all nutrition areas on site.
- Coordinate and monitor services provided by Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Develop and facilitates a local network of colleagues who will share resources and plan improvements in services to low-income families.
- In conjunction with other HS & EHS staff, promotes an interdisciplinary approach to HS & EHS goals.
- Assist HR in the recruitment & training of FSW Staff including subs. Arrange substitute coverage for FSW when necessary, including cooking as needed.
- Prepare documents for reimbursement, provide to Fiscal for review, and enter meal data in CNIPS by established deadlines.
- Promote parent participation in all nutrition services and advocates for nutrition issues of young children.
- Review and update menus as needed. Ensure FSW understand and follow the menus, and any required modifications or needs are met.
- Attendance at Public Health Advisory Board /Health Services Advisory Committee Board meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Regularly attend parent training at all sites and assist with any events throughout the year.
- Ensure that parents who request a meeting with the RD receive timely appointments with the RD.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a community-based health or nutrition program, and/or a human services program.
- Must have experience in supporting families with nutrition needs.
- Must have knowledge of child and family health care including preventative, early intervention, nutrition, and health maintenance practices.
- Must have knowledge of community resources that offer services to low income families.
- Must have the ability to communicate and coordinate with various professional and community services programs.
- HS/EHS experience preferred.
- 2 years supervision experience required.
- Administrative experience and record-keeping skills are required
- Knowledge of adult learning styles and child development.
- Computer skills sufficient to send and receive email, compose routine documents, create and update excel spreadsheets for tracking purposes
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of young children, parents, staff and community groups.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with employer safety policies.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance in compliance with agency Attendance Policy.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. AA or AS (or equivalent) required (Preferably in Nutrition, Health Education, or Health Science)
- Valid CA drivers license with a clear driving record.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and Child Abuse Index.
- A current TB test and a statement of good health from a doctor are required as a condition of employment.
- Must hold SafeServ California food handler certification or meet certification requirement within one year of employment.
To Apply: Go to www.nccdi.com/job-opportunities
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network. 5/25/21 SDMinimum Education and Experience