Red Bluff, CA
Wage Range: $18-25 per hour DOE
Established in 1997, Herrick Grapevines began life in St Helena, CA to meet the needs of Napa Valley vineyards and wineries looking to find a new source of grapevines for their vineyards. Demand for our quality grapevines spread across California and eventually throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We now proudly supply grapevines to all corners of North America. Herrick Grapevines originated as an offshoot of Cottage Gardens Nursery’s greenhouse operation on South Whitehall Lane in St. Helena. Now, located in its new home of Red Bluff, CA, Herrick Grapevines is looking for employees to set roots and grow with them. Herrick Grapevine, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose: Under the direction of general and office manager, shall provide administrative support to managers, supervisors, and nursery workers. Answering telephones, data entry, filing, office machine operation. Short-term on-the-job training will be provided.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, college degree, additional office experience such as accounting, bookkeeping, A/R, A/P, and bilingual is encouraged, HR experience a plus.
- May be subject to background check and drug screening.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, phone etiquette, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service. This includes customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and customer satisfaction.
- Must have problem solving skills, in the case there is no manager available to consult.
- Must follow the safety instructions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Willing to work weekends.
- Willing to work in a team environment and assisting other office employees in their tasks.
- Willing to learn about the grapevine industry, varieties, clones, and rootstocks.
- Using a computer application to make a spreadsheet to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
- Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
- Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents.
- Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Using a computer database application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- HR: Communicate effectively with CalOsha, EDD, Dept of Housing, Workers Comp claims and payroll.
Tasks include, but not limited to:
Accounting, bookkeeping with Quickbooks, greeting clients, vendors, and employees, answering phones, data entry, A/R, A/P, printing jobs, assisting in requesting quotes from vendors, ordering materials, running errands, making labels for plants, filing and organizing office materials, light cleaning, meeting notes when asked, scheduling meetings when asked, taking plant inventory (outdoors), willing to drive long distances if necessary, posting job flyers at local businesses.
Computer, word processing: Microsoft office, excel, email, google drive, Quickbooks, etc.
To Apply: Apply in person at 11810 Hwy 99E, Red Bluff Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00am – 3:30pm. If the gates are closed, please call 707-967-8000, or 530-908-8096.Minimum Education and Experience