Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
June 7, 2023 – June 11, 2023. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative Interview Dates:
1st Interviews: June 13, 2023 from 9:00am to 11:00am
2nd interviews: June 15, 2023 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Bilingual Incentive Pay is +7.5% Above the OA II base salary.
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain aCOVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
Are you looking for a fulfilling opportunity to support our community and make a difference in the lives of the citizens of Tehama County? The Health Services Agency is hiring one new support staff team member for our Health Services Team!
The Office Assistant II will help Tehama County residents connect with programs supporting Health Services Agency divisions, such as Behavioral Health, Substance Use Recovery Services, the Medical Clinic, and Public Health. Applicants qualifying for an Office Assistant II (OA II) level will have completed twelfth grade and have coursework or practical experience in office support involving customer service and contact with the public or higher level coursework in office or business practices. Other relevant personal traits include a strong sense of responsibility with the ability to manage time effectively. The work is always interesting and provides opportunities for collaboration and problem solving. We seek to hire individuals who are caring and committed to a healthy community.
Examples of Duties
Required Knowledge of:
- Modern office practices, methods, and equipment, including computer equipment;
- Techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to all individuals contacted inthe course of work
- Bilingual Candidates: Translate, interpret and otherwise communicate with members of the Spanish speaking community.
- Responding to and effectively prioritizing multiple phone calls and other requests for service;
- Performing responsible clerical support work with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision;
- Scheduling and coordinating projects; setting priorities; adapting to changing priorities; meeting critical timedeadlines;
- Following a planned courier route while adhering to a routine schedule;
- Organizing and prioritizing a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner
Education, Experience & Licenses
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
- One (1) year of office support experience involving customer service and contact with the public or higher level coursework in office or business practices.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Bilingual Candidates:
- Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Current, less than 1 year old, typing certificate.
The department is currently recruiting for two (2) vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Office Assistant II or Office Assistant II Bilingual, as well as, subsequent vacancies, which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-8491 x3830 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCEPOLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE