Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $35,692.80 – $43,388.80 Annually
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
Bilingual incentive pay is +7.5% above OA III salary.
Are you looking for a fulfilling opportunity to support our community and make a difference in the lives of the citizens of Tehama County? The Health Services Agency is hiring one new support staff team member for our Health Services Team!
The Office Assistant III will help Tehama County residents connect with programs supporting Health Services Agency divisions, such as Behavioral Health, Substance Use Recovery Services, the Medical Clinic, and Public Health. Applicants qualifying for an Office Assistant III(OA III) level will have completed twelfth grade and have at least two (2) years of varied clerical support experience involving public contact or completed higher level coursework in office or business practices. Other relevant personal traits include a strong sense of responsibility with the ability to manage time effectively. The work is always interesting and provides opportunities for collaboration and problem solving. We seek to hire individuals who are caring and committed to a healthy community.
- Modern office practices, methods, and equipment, including computer equipment;
- Techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to all individuals contacted in the course of work
- Bilingual Candidates: Translate, interpret and otherwise communicate with members of the Spanish speaking community.
- Responding to and effectively prioritizing multiple phone calls and other requests for service;
- Performing responsible clerical support work with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision;
- Scheduling and coordinating projects; setting priorities; adapting to changing priorities; meeting critical time deadlines;
- Following a planned courier route while adhering to a routine schedule;
- Organizing and prioritizing a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
- Two (2) years of varied clerical support experience involving customer service and contact with the public or higher level coursework in office or business practices.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Bilingual Candidates:
- Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Current, less than 1 year old, typing certificate.
How to Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama and search for the job title to apply online.
The department is currently recruiting for one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Office Assistant III Bilingual, as well as, subsequent vacancies, which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-8491 x3830 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
About Tehama County Health Services Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall health of our clients.
Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.