Tehama County District Attorney
Red Bluff, CA
Extra Help Position
Salary: $17.16 – $20.86 Hourly | $1,372.80 – $1,668.80 Biweekly
This is an extra-help position, therefore it does not qualify for benefits.
Under direct or general supervision, provides a variety of general clerical support activities to various County departments, which may include word processing, data entry and organization, telephone and counter reception, receipt of payments, processing of invoices, record keeping, report preparation, and filing. Provides information and assistance to the general public.
Examples of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and performs clerical assignments and special projects, which may be of a sensitive or confidential nature, related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical work including maintaining accurate and detailed records, verifying accuracy of information, researching discrepancies and recording information.
- Verifies and reviews forms and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; applies departmental and program policies and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records, and files.
- Prepares, copies, and distributes a variety of documents, including agendas, bid packages, internal reports, contracts, and specifications; ensures proper filing of copies in departmental or central files.
- Screens calls, visitors, and mail; responds to complaints and requests for information; assists in interpreting, and applying regulations, policies, procedures, systems, rules, and precedents in response to inquiries and complaints from public; assists in scheduling and set-up of appointments; obtains information from the public; provides referrals to the general public; assesses and inquires of visitors and callers to direct to appropriate County staff and/or services.
- Departmental practices and procedures and applicable County policies;
- Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation;
- Modern office practices, methods, and equipment, including computer equipment;
- Techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to allindividuals contacted in the course of work.
- Perform responsible clerical support work with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision.
- Learn and understand the organization and operation of the County and of outsideagencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Learn, interpret, explain and apply administrative and departmental policies andprocedures.
- Organize, maintain, and update office database and records systems.
- File materials alphabetically, chronologically, and numerically.
- Schedule and coordinate projects; set priorities; adapt to changing priorities; meet criticaltime deadlines.
- Operate modern office equipment, including calculators, copiers, and computerequipment.
- Use word-processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics software applicationsprograms.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
- Two (2) years of varied clerical support experience involving customer service and contact with the public or higher level coursework in office or business practices.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a valid California driver’s license & current, less than 1 year old, typing certificate.
How to Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama and search for the job title to apply online.
Tehama County is recruiting for one (1) extra help position.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Extra Help Office Assistant III, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 530-527-3053
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE