The Office Technician II position at the Public Works Agency performs a wide variety of specialized technical duties and provides information and assistance to the public regarding departmental policies, procedures and laws. The Office Technician II position is distinguished from the class of Office Technician I by the responsibility to perform the most complex technical duties in the program to which assigned. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have experience related to filing, reception, processing mail, answering telephone, and assisting the public and/or other office support duties.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Establishes files; maintains accurate and detailed records; verifies the accuracy of information; researches discrepancies and notifies appropriate personnel or agency.
• Word processes and proofreads a variety of documents; enters a variety of departmental data into the computer; retrieves information as needed; operates various printers.
• Compiles data for use in reports and/or managerial decision-making.
• Performs routine clerical duties as required, including but not limited to typing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, retrieving files, entering computer data, completing and processing various forms, maintaining inventory, ordering supplies, assembling
materials, faxing information, answering the telephone, greeting and assisting customers / clients, processing mail, etc.
• May perform routine to moderately complex bookkeeping work as assigned, which may include processing accounts payable and receivable, maintaining balances, preparing billings, disbursing funds, collecting and receipting payments, preparing statements, preparing deposits,
ARE WE A MATCH?
• You are able to learn the operation, policies and procedures of the department.
• You have knowledge of modern office practices and technology, including the use of computers for data and word processing.
• You are able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
• You have knowledge of principles and procedures of filing, indexing and record-keeping.
Four years of increasingly responsible technical and clerical experience.
Completion of 24 semester units from an accredited college or university in business-related course work may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by 5:00 P.M., Friday, October 1, 2021.
This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter