1. Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care that is congruous with the physician’s orders through assessment of patient’s needs, condition, and environment, and consultation with other health team members, plans are updated as necessary, and documents this care following Agency procedures.
2. Responsible for the delivery of competent, quality patient care in the home including observation, assessment, nursing diagnoses, counsel, care and health teaching of the ill; injured or inform, and the maintenance of health and prevention of illness of others that conform to agency policies.
3. Maintains an ongoing responsibility for assigned caseload as well as coordination of associated services.
4. Able to demonstrate an ability to evaluate admissions that conforms to criteria.
5. Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of individual patient plan of care.
6. Maintains communication with Supervisors and Record Review Committees as needed.
7. Functions as liaison between the Agency and its patients and their families with respect to the interpretation and explanation of services.
8. Provides teaching and supervision and counsels both patient and family about providing care for the patient at home.
9. Schedules work load for maximum efficiency.
10. Rotates weekend, night and holiday call with staff to facilitate adequate coverage for all patients, if applicable.
11. Participates in Agency evaluation programs as instructed.
12. Regularly confers with other health team members in order to maintain effective coordination of patient care.
13. Abides by and promotes Agency administrative policies.
14. Maintains a continuing knowledge of competencies related to the nursing professional by participation in formal education programs, conferences, workshops, and professional organizations.
15. Regularly consults with patient’s physician regarding Plan of Care and patient’s current status in response to prescribed care.
16. Participates in staff in-service programs and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel, including home health aides.
17. Writes discharge summary upon discontinuance of service/plan of treatment to include general course of care, condition on discharge and to who discharged.
18. The registered nurse may assign selected portions of patient care to licensed practical nurses and home health aides. In such circumstances, the registered nurse maintains responsibility for the care given. Supervisory visits are made to the patient’s residence.
19. Provides assessments/reassessments and supervision visits of clients receiving non-medical, personal care support service for the purpose of updating the service plan as, assigned by the Director of Nursing or Administrator.
1. Regularly required to sit, stand and walk on variable surfaces.
2. Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
3. Occasionally required to reach beyond mid-line of body overhead/chest level.
4. Occasionally use hand controls including grip using one or both hands.
5. Occasionally climb ramps or stairs or use foot controls.
6. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
7. Employees are required to utilize universal safety precautions while performing their job tasks.
8. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
9. Ability to stoop and bend up to 2.5 hours per 8 hour shift.
1. Minimum of six (6) months recent work experience as a home care nurse or Have a public health nursing certificate per state requirement or Six (6) months home health or community health nursing or Two to three (2-3) years acute hospital nursing
2. Current Nursing licensure in your state of employment.
3. Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
4. Satisfactory references
5. Satisfactory completion of Agency RN Qualifying Exam.
6. Current CPR certification.
Arcadia Home Care & Staffing is a national provider of home care and staffing with over 35 years of experience and dedication to enhancing quality of life. Despite challenging economic conditions caused by COVID-19 Arcadia is still hiring in all locations across the United States. Arcadia has implemented comprehensive safety policies based on CDC guidelines designed to promote workplace safety. We are providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, face masks, hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap to our employees.
We are offering virtual job interviews as a safety measure against COVID-19. Apply today and learn more about our current opportunities.
Arcadia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Minimum Education and Experience