CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
First Cut-Off Date April 15
Second Cut-Off Date April 29
Third Cut-Off Date May 13
Final Cut-Off Date May 27
POSITION TITLE: Operations Manager
STARTING SALARY: Negotiable, depending on experience
LOCATION: Herlong, California
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
HOURS: Full Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Operations Manager shall plan, direct, and coordinate all Susanville Indian Rancheria Corporation (SIRCO) operations. This position will report to the SIRCO Board of Directors and serve as a member of the management team. Primary responsibilities include ensuring organizational effectiveness by managing and improving performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through the review and implementation of effective methods and strategies
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate, manage and improve operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organization’s mission, support management reporting, information flow and planning.
- Oversee organizational financial management, planning, systems, and controls.
- Development and management of company budgets.
- Regular communication and meetings with the SIRCO Board of Directors concerning fiscal planning, organization, operations, and initiatives.
- Supervise, train, and coach managers on an ongoing basis in coordination with Human Resources Department.
- Develop and/or improve quality controls and monitor Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversight and generation of required company reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to SIRCO Board of Directors.
- Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy manner with employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the SIRCO will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
- Hires and fires staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management style.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and maintain a positive work environment.
- Knowledge of Native American Communities, their organizational structure, and basic understand of Tribal laws and regulations.
- Must be willing to travel for training and conferences.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be insurable as determined by the SIRCO Insurance Carrier.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Must have an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in business management or related field.
- Must have five (5) years of operations management experience.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Google applications, and Quickbooks.
- Must have leadership experience and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough/uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
- Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center
- Copy of your College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your
- Copy of your valid Driver’s
- Copy of any other certifications
- Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian
- Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s
- An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMust have an Associates' or Bachelors' degree in business management or related field. Must have five (5) years of operations management experience. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Google applications, and Quickbooks. Must have leadership experience and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.Minimum Education and Experience