Job Title: Outreach & Education Worker
Job Time Type: Part Time
Job Description: Under the guidance of AAFCC Director, this position functions as a member of the African American Family Cultural Center. The Outreach & Education Worker will work with AAFCC staff to complete responsibilities related to the planning and coordinating of outreach education on ways to mitigate COVID-19 This individual will perform basic skills to assist creating Public Service Announcements for radio and TV. The Outreach & Education worker will serve as a positive role model for consumers and utilize knowledge of services to provide information and referral as appropriate. The Outreach & Education Worker will develop skills in public speaking, advocacy, leadership and project planning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of daily activities of the AAFCC/CA. COVID-19 Community Health Project (CCHP)
- Conduct groups and surveys.
- Engage with community in a productive manner
- Serve as a positive role model
- Advocate for quality services and ensure that “youth voice” is included in program planning
- Co-facilitate activity groups with a staff member when applicable
- Assist in presentations and special events to local organizations and community groups
- Contribute to the production of activity calendar and quarterly newsletter
- Participate in trainings and meetings as assigned
- Maintain professional standards and behavior
- Maintain a cooperative and positive working relationship with co-workers
- Regular attendance
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Salary: $14.00 Hour
How to Apply: Please apply by going to our website https://www.aafcc-oroville.org/ for more information and applications. All employment Applications, Cover Letters, Resumes & DMV Print Outs must be submitted to the African American Family & Cultural Center via email or hand delivered to 3300 Spencer Ave. Oroville, CA 95966. All applications must be received at the above address or postmarked by the closing date.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via email or in person
African American Family & Cultural Center
3300 Spencer Ave.
Oroville, CA 95966
Close Date: 3/9/2021Minimum Education and Experience