Job Title: Painter I
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Painter I – Works on assignments that are routine in nature and where limited judgment is required. Some knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in paint operations preferred. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Requires use of hand tools such as grinder, disc sander and pressure washer to prepare pieces for paint. Understanding of safety protocols and State and Federal regulations for paint operations would be desirable. Some experience in the application of industrial or automotive finishes preferred.
Painter II – Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is recognized. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in paint operations. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. QA inspection required for each painted part. Understands the safety protocols and State and Federal regulations for paint operations. Ability to read and interpret work instructions. Recognizes when paint equipment is malfunctioning. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. Required to be proficient on all hand tools and paint operation equipment. Requires 1-2 years of hands on machining experience.
Painter III – Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where deviation from accepted practice is recognized. Knowledgeable in all of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures in relation to paint operations. Relies on experience and industry knowledge to make decisions and accomplish goals. Works semi-independently on assignments. Ability to troubleshoot paint equipment malfunction. Ability to read and interpret work instructions. May receive instructions on new assignments. QA inspection required for each painted part. Required to be skilled on all hand tools and paint operation equipment. Requires 3+ years of hands on experience.
- Set up and operate equipment related to paint preparation and operations
- Ability to safely lift metal parts in order to move them from one location to another
- Ability to operate electric hand tools for grinding, sanding and deburring
- Works collaboratively with other members within functional area as well as throughout the organization
- Performs all activities in the factory following Company safety guidelines
- Ability to work factory schedules including overtime and Saturdays per production schedule
- Ability to be on time, in your work area ready to work and remaining on task throughout the workday in order to complete assignments on time
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic math and reading skills preferred
- Ability to follow instructions required
- Able to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job preferred
Minimum Age: 18
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Reference Checks
Education Level: No Minimum Education Requirement
Requires a Driver’s License: No
Salary: 15.00 Hour
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com with “Painter I” as the subject.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
Weiss McNair LLC
100 Loren Ave
Chico, CA 95928Minimum Education and Experience