ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPENING FOR
Reports To: Classroom Teacher/Superintendent-Principal
Work Duration: 6 hours/day. 182 days per school year.
AA Degree or Para-Professional Certificate or equivalent.
Under the direction of the classroom teacher provide educational enhancement, both in instructional and non-instructional activities for students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Although the job tasks may vary due to specific requirements from one program to another, duties and responsibilities listed below are not intended to be all inclusive, but descriptive of the typical tasks performed. * All other trainings must be approved in advance.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist students with activities as directed by the classroom teacher. When necessary move from one program area to another within the day. This decision will be made by the classroom teacher. Support and implement the discipline philosophy of the school, interacts with pupils in their activities, encouraging performance, observing progress, and sharing observations with teacher.
- Assists certificated staff in classroom programs by reinforcing instructions. Interacts with pupils in their activities, encouraging performance, observing progress, and sharing observations with teacher.
- Participates in lesson and program planning. Enters into a helping relationship with the pupils under the supervisor’s direction to foster learning.
- Supports the goals and objectives of classroom activities by preparing materials, obtaining required supplies or equipment; actively works with pupils during an activity, and assists with clean-up after an activity. Provides necessary supervision in such activities as field trips, playground, meal service and preparing for arrival and departure of children, and lunch recess.
- Performs other duties as assigned requiring essentially the same effort, skill and responsibilities when work requirements are changed or modified.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students.
- Maintain professional relationships with all students, school staff, and parents.
- Adhere to policy and procedures set forth by the school concerning schedules, break time, lunch time and duty.
- Attend and participate in all in-service training sessions and become familiar with the inclusion philosophy/procedures as outlined in school policy and as necessary.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification may perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position may need to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. May need to lift up to 40 pounds
- This type of work involves standing for periods of time; walking; stooping; some climbing; kneeling; crouching; reaching, handling, speaking, writing, and hearing
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions (including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, wind, snow etc.). The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Apply by visiting: www.edjoin.com.
Application Will include: Cover letter/Letter of Introduction, Resume, Three letters of recommendation, Copy of AA Degree/Para-Professional Certificate or equivalent units.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The Reeds Creek School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, disability or age.
Posted in the following places:
www.edjoin.com, www.reedscreek.org, Reeds Creek School District Office.
Reeds Creek Front Office Display Box. Red Bluff Job Training Center.