All classified job descriptions are available online at:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Works with students, both in‐group settings or individually, for the purpose of assisting with specific
2. Assists teachers in handling and updating confidential student information such as IEP’s.
3. Under the teacher’s supervision, implements instructional programs for the purpose of meeting student’s goals and objectives.
4. Administers tests to students for the purpose of assessing progress towards meeting educational
5. Prepares classroom and instructional materials for the purpose of ensuring that the learning environment is ready for students.
6. Adapts classroom work under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing a method to support and/or reinforce lesson plans.
7. Advises students regarding personal hygiene and assists students with self‐help skills involving grooming, toileting, and personal hygiene.
8. Assists in transitioning instructional aides to ensure consistent and uninterrupted services to students.
9. Monitors activities of students both inside and outside of the classroom for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
10. Provide support in management and behavior of students.
11. Ability to learn and use job related computer.
12. May provide medical assistance as directed by Nurse and teacher.
13. Maintain awareness of physical and emotional changes in students and reports concerns to teacher as
14. Works with children in an individual setting who are experiencing behavioral and emotional issues; provides class supervision while the teacher is working one‐on‐one with students experiencing behavioral and emotional issues.
15. Assists teacher in maintaining student records of medical needs and academic records.
16. Performs clerical and related duties that support instruction programs, such as copying materials for the classroom.
17. Operates a variety of office and instructional equipment including computers.
18. Must be able to meet and interact with employees and parents/guardians in routine situations, which
require tact, discretion, and courtesy.
19. May need to transport or travel with students for school related activities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have the ability to pass the Paraeducator/Instructional Aide exam or have completed two years of study at an institute of higher education or have an Associate of Arts (AA) degree or higher.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid First Aid Card and CPR Certificate. Valid California drivers’ license, good driving record, and evidence of insurance.
Range 15: $16.01 to $22.54 per hour (DOE) plus degree stipend if applicable.
6.5 hours/day, 9 months/year
Inside applicants may apply with letter of interest and statement of qualifications. All others apply online at www.edjoin.orgMinimum Education and Experience