Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Per Diem and Full-Time benefitted Paramedic. Reporting to the
Ambulance Director, the Paramedic works as a member of a team to provide medical care to the sick and injured in
accordance with established protocols.
This position performs advanced life supporting the pre-hospital care setting within the paramedic scope of practice of
the State of California and the Nor-Cal EMS region. The position works in conjunction with nursing staff, families and
other facility departments to provide optimum individualized patient care. Shifts include some weekends and holidays.
Good communication skills and the ability to work with others and be a team player is a must.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Acts under the direction of the Ambulance Department Director through voice orders or written policy/procedures.
• Acts as medical officer in charge on scene of a medical emergency.
• Assumes responsibility and supervision of ambulance run and patient care.
• Writes or sees that the patient care record is written after each run.
• Restocks drugs and supplies after each run or when outdated or used in patient care.
• Assists with extrication, carrying, moving patients and equipment
• Leads patient care team in executing long distance inter-facility transfers.
• Responsible for notifying ER personnel of incoming patient condition and obtaining doctors’ orders as needed.
• Assists other crew members in cleaning and maintenance of ambulance and equipment as needed or requested.
• Promotes good working relationships with other departments, co-workers, patients, families and physicians.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current California Paramedic license
• Nor-Cal Paramedic Accreditation
• Current California Ambulance Driver’s Certification
• Current CPR card
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at email@example.com. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
MMC is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience