Southern Cascades Community Services District is accepting applications for a Per Diem Paramedic.
Reporting to the EMS Division Manager, the Paramedic works as a member of a team to provide medical
care to the sick and injured in accordance with established protocols.
This position performs advanced life support in the pre-hospital care setting within the paramedic scope
of practice of the State of California and the Nor-Cal EMS region. Shifts include some weekends and
holidays. Good communication skills and the ability to work with others and be a team player is a must.
Wage Rate: $20.96/hr
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Acts under the direction of the EMS Division Manager through voice orders or written
• Acts as medical officer in charge on scene of a medical emergency.
• Assumes responsibility and supervision of ambulance run and patient care.
• Writes or sees that the patient care record is written after each run.
• Restocks drugs and supplies after each run or when outdated or used in patient care.
• Assists with extrication, carrying, moving patients and equipment
• Leads patient care team in executing long distance inter-facility transfers.
• Responsible for notifying ER personnel of incoming patient condition and obtaining doctors’ orders as
• Assists other crew members in cleaning and maintenance of ambulance and equipment as needed or
• Promotes good working relationships with other agencies, co-workers, patients, families and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current California Paramedic license
• Nor-Cal Paramedic Accreditation
• Current California Ambulance Driver’s Certification
• Current BLS level CPR certification
• Ability to safely drive for long distances
• Ability to safely drive in inclement weather
Application can be obtained at www. southerncascades.org or by visiting our district office.
Southern Cascades Community Service District
205 Ash Valley Rd. P.O. Box 239 – Adin, Ca 96006
Southern Cascades Community Service District is an equal opportunity employer.