Tehama eLearning Academy
Red Bluff, CA
Application Deadline: 11/18/22
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Principal, the TeLA Paraprofessional assists teachers and students in lessons and other classroom activities, in addition to providing one-on-one or small group tutoring.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains confidentiality
- Under direction of the supervising teacher, designs and presents educational lessons,
materials, or programs to students in a one-on-one or group setting with minimal
supervision. Monitors and assesses student progress during this process.
- Assists the teacher in monitoring pupils in the classroom.
- Assists the teacher in all classroom functions: preparing teacher-directed materials for
instruction; organizing and utilizing reference and resource material; keeping records
reflecting attendance; assisting with school wide assessment activities.
- Uses technology in the conduct of assigned duties.
- May provide basic first aid and/or distribute medication (with proper training) as directed
by the supervisor.
- Occasionally may provide assistance for students with disabilities and special needs,
including washing, toileting, and related needs.
- Uses various office machines and computer devices; may type and duplicate
- May straighten and organize the classroom or learning facility.
- Attends in-service and professional learning sessions.
- May participate in student meetings.
- May accompany students on field trips or provide transportation and/or support to
students on job sites or community service opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must hold a high school diploma or its
equivalent, and be NCLB Highly Qualified. Experience with supporting the academic program,
especially in alternative educational settings preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in
educational technology and MS Office and Google applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and
- Technology hardware and instructional applications.
- Correct English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- School, State and Federal policies, codes, laws, rules and regulations.
- Automated record management and filing system.
- Work effectively with students who may have severe or emotional and/or
- To work independently with students in an effective manner.
- Read, write, speak and communicate effectively in English.
- Establish and maintain professional, confidential and effective relationships as
required in the performance of duties.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Establish and maintain accurate files and records.
- Ability to drive for work and transport students is highly preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential job functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary based upon the TeLA Non-certificated Salary Schedule. Work schedule to
be established by the Superintendent or Designee.
About Tehama eLearning Academy
Tehama eLearning Academy is a small charter school located in Red Bluff, CA. We serve over 100 students, in grades 7-12, with a blended model of onine curriculum and onsite classes. Office staff and support staff work with students, parents, and guardians to provide a safe environment for our students to learn and grow. Applicatnts must be flexible, extremely organized, and provide exceptional customer service.