The Modoc Work Activity Center is hiring a Part-Time Skill Developer. This position will provide direct services to developmentally disabled adults and carry out preparation functions for the Community Integration Day Program. Also, will provide Consumer transportation for the Day Program. Furthermore, will offer senior activities to Consumers over 50 years of age who participate in the Alternative Senior Program. In addition, will offer volunteer activities to Consumers who participate in the Alternative Volunteer Program.
Skill Developer III. In the case of no SD III, then Program/Operations Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; and
Abilities: Read & write, basic math, knowledgeable with computers, and teach self-help skills.
Requirements: Department of Justice clearance and criminal record statement; current California Drivers License & clean DMV printout; physical & TB test required; and maintain a current First Aid & CPR card.
- Put into practice the program curriculum for Community Integration and Employment Training:
- Focus on developing and maintaining functional skills based on a consumer’s needs, choices, degree of knowledge, and pace of learning.
- Offer integrated activities that the general public experiences
- Provide sustained support and direction by the staff
- Present realistic, useful, workable, hands-on training and experiences through individual and/or group instruction.
- Directly delivering individual and group learning experiences to assist each Consumer served in obtaining his/her IPP objectives.
- Maintains data regarding Consumer progress.
- Participates in Consumer assessment, planning, and evaluation processes.
- Meet compliance and licensing requirements by attending In-Service trainings, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Respect the rights of the Consumers.
- Mandated Reporter: You are legally responsible to report elder and dependent adult abuse.
- Apply the highest safety standards in regard to Consumers’ health and safety.
- Transport Consumers to and from Day Program.
- Complete transportation reports daily, fuel vehicles, take vehicles in for maintenance as required, clean vehicles as required, etc.
- Perform grounds maintenance as required: mowing, weeding, planting, watering, trimming, etc.
- Prepare Consumers (over 50) in the Alternative Senior Program for activities focused on the needs and interests of seniors.
- Train Consumers in the Alternative Volunteer Program for volunteer activities in their community.
- Abide by MWAC’s policies, procedures, and employee handbook.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Employee hours and daily schedule may vary as required. Part-time, with 20 hours per week.
MWAC is open from 7:30am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday, year-round.
Program services can be offered any 5 days per week (Sunday through Saturday) in order to meet the Consumers’ service nededs, and program service hours may vary on a daily basis.
For more information or to make arrangements to pickup an application, please contact Elizabeth Gladu at (530) 233-4527 or visit the MWAC at 310 West C Street, Alturas, CA 96101. EOE.Minimum Education and Experience