GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Patient Advocate at Western Sierra Medical Clinic assists patients being treated by helping to answer any questions or concerns the patients may have regarding their care, the health center and the health care system. The Patient Advocate acts as a liaison, facilitating communication between the patient and medical professionals both during and after the patient’s visit to the health center and provides information and guidance on services offered by the health center. The Patient Advocate interacts with patients both in person and over the phone, documents and investigates patient complaints and issues, follows up with patients, and performs analysis on the overall quality of care at the health center. The Patient Advocate ensures that the health center works to improve its services to prevent future claims or issues through analysis, reports and recommendations to appropriate personnel/management.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Greet patients and provide information and explanation of services offered by the health center.
- Serve as intermediary between patients and all departments of the the health center in resolving patient questions, concerns and problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Prepare incident reports for all patient complaints and incidents.
- Describe and interpret policies and procedures to patients and refer them to the proper services.
- Convey questions, complaints, problems, and concerns of patients to proper personnel.
- Resolve patients’ complaints and grievances in a timely manner per the grievance process; follow-up with patients to conclude all complaints and grievances.
- Alert the Chief Administrative and Compliance officer by documenting unresolved complaints and potential legal actions.
- Maintain patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing patient complaint processes, implementing approved changes.
- Provide education and resources to patients related to insurance on a case-by-case basis to assist patients in navigating their coverage; works with the billing department to help resolve insurance claim issues as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of two years of relative experience and a degree in Health Administration or similar.
- 2+ years of customer services experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare setting.
- Computer literate (i.e. logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
1. Familiarity with an electronic practice management (EMR) system.
2. Bilingual Spanish
For full description and to apply: https://careers.hireology.com/westernsierramedicalclinicinc/1442730/description
Wage salary: $42,848 – $59,987 annually.
Minimum Education and Experience