Rolling Hills Clinic
Corning & Red Bluff locations
The Patient Financial Counselor at Rolling Hills Clinics is responsible for submitting all preauthorization requests for medical and dental procedures as well as determining and providing financial estimates and assistance to patients regarding dental or medical estimated procedure costs, copays, balances, and bills. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and time management skills to ensure the pre-authorization and payment processes run smoothly. This role will process sliding fee scale paperwork according to all regulations and act as a liaison between the clinic and the patient. The Patient Financial Counselor is expected to have advanced knowledge of both front office and billing processes and may be required to assist in either department as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the initial admission of patients to the clinic, going over medical records request Understand patient’s financial needs regardless of payer type or status.
- Assess patient’s expenses, level of income, insurance coverage, financial objectives, tax status and risk tolerance when determining payment arrangements.
- Meet with patients one on one in person or via phone to assess financial situations and create a plan to help with copays, balances, or treatment costs.
- Accurately process patient sliding fee applications as they relate to Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Proactively work with patient financial constraints utilizing all available resources, grants, Medi-Cal certifications, and other forms of patient financial assistance knowledge.
- Submit and monitor procedure pre-authorization requests.
- Is friendly and courteous to patients while educating and communicating financial expectations.
- Has complete understanding of the Financial Policy.
- Communicates terms of Financial Policy to patients for full comprehension of payment expectations.
- Works collaboratively with billing department and front staff to ensure there is a complete understanding related to patient’s financial plan.
- Input Sliding Fee Program (SFP) approvals into patient chart.
- Contact patients in the pre-collection status to assist in rectifying their delinquent accounts.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum of two years of medical or dental office experience required.
- Excellent time-management, analytical, and customer service skills
- In-depth knowledge of medical and dental insurance benefits and the practice Financial Policy
- Highly proficient in Office, EMR systems, and external partner websites used to submit and process pre authorization requests
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Able to communicate practice expectations effectively and assertively regarding patient financial responsibility, while demonstrating compassion and empathy for patient’s individual situations
Go to rhclinic.org/employment