Growing Chico Company is seeking a highly motivated self-starter and team player, able to work independently AND be a support resource for management. The successful candidate will possess a blend of intangible skills and characteristics like strong personal integrity, resilience, and creativity, as well as a passion for customer service, excellence, attention to detail and be comfortable communication with staff, customers, and vendors in all modes, including in-person, telephone, and email. This position requires knowledge of current California and Federal employment laws with respect to employee hours, overtime liability and breaks due. Additionally, this position handles a variety of accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other similar tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to resolve problems with tact and diplomacy.
- Mastery of Mathematic symbols in all situations + – < % > X */ =
- Ability to type, use a computer and a ten key calculator.
- Demonstrated history of project management skills.
- Ability to focus and multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Maintain good attendance, punctuality, dependability, and flexibility.
- Organize, prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Prioritize multiple assignments and work well under pressure.
- Work well with vendors, subcontractors, and agencies.
- Prepare journal entries to record payroll and related expenses
- Collect, compile and input payroll data.
- Process new hires, terminations and promotions based on information provided by HR.
- Manage accurate coding of payroll expense over multiple cost centers.
- Educate and train staff on recording time on division timecards.
- Calculation and processing of Manual Checks as necessary.
- Audit & reconcile timecards to ensure accuracy of data, including PTO, overtime, and breaks.
- Process quarterly payroll tax reports.
- Complete year-end processing and issue W2’s timely and accurately.
- Cash, investment, payroll withholding and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review payroll registers and manage payroll liabilities.
- Enter data into Quickbooks Payroll and Accounts Payable modules.
- Distribute, track, collect and process all new hire documents including federal & state mandated forms and company policy acknowledgements.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in pay.
- Distribution of payroll checks and reports.
- Accurately collect, process and audit employee manual timesheets, time off request form, and status change forms for distribution of weekly wages and benefits.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with coworkers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google domain products.
- Commitment to the mission of the culture of the company.
- Must have a CA driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance that satisfies California Law.
- Ensure accuracy in deduction amounts, including garnishments and withholding orders.
- Timely completion of employment verifications and requests for employee information from government agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com with “Application for Payroll/AP Specialist position” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest!Minimum Education and Experience
About Proframe Construction
Proframe Construction has over 12 years of industry experience and is owned and operated by a licensed and insured contractor. When you work with Proframe Construction, you are working with experienced and skilled carpenters. We stay up to date with the latest building techniques, materials and equipment, so you can rest assured you are getting the most project within your budget.
We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship and service. What this means to our customers is that we are on time, we treat your project as if it were our own and it is done right the first time. We provide our services to homeowners and developers alike. The work being done on your home is done directly by us and you can feel confident that your schedule will be met and you can reach us anytime via phone, fax or e-mail.