Red Oaks Medical Group at Lassen Medical Clinic
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Wage: $24-$28 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8 hour shift
All Employees are required to follow the Heath Care COVID guidelines including COVID Vaccination OR Approved Medical or Religious Exemption
The mission of the Payroll Specialist is to effectively administer Payroll and Payroll Costing Reports in such a way as to be cost efficient and instill employee confidence in the processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of the English language to include rules of composition and grammar; spelling; punctuation; sentence structure and content; and of word meaning.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word.
- QuickBooks/OnePoint knowledge is a plus
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Detail oriented and performance driven.
- Exceptional communication, problem resolution and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate and present information.
- Ability to identify problems, recommends solutions, organize and analyze information.
- Ability to use Time keeping software
- Capable of prioritizing job duties and working independently.
- Ability to use Schedule Anywhere software.
Major Duties and Accountability:
- Review time cards for accuracy.
- Tracks garnishments, PTO and benefits.
- Reviews, corrects, files and distributes bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Electronically transmits payroll data to and from HRIS/Payroll platform.
- Maintain manual payroll process
- Verify accuracy of payroll prepared by outside vendor.
- Designs and prepares reports on an as needed basis, prepare payroll summary reports for supervisors.
- Assist in employee enrollment and maintenance in the 401k plan and company benefits. Reconcile monthly benefit plan invoices to ensure accuracy of company/employee costs.
- Maintains Payroll Month End Process and Account Reconciliations
- Back up Accounting Specialists in AP duties as needed
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Education/Experience: High School Diploma along with previous accounting or bookkeeping experience of approximately 2-5 years and knowledge of Payroll State and Federal Regulations.
Go to Indeed.com and search for ‘Payroll Specialist’ at Lassen Medical ClinicMinimum Education and Experience
About Red Oaks Medical Group
Red Oaks Medical Group has been providing Northern California with exemplary medical care for over 60 years. Although its origin was in family practice, Red Oaks Medical Group now provides services in Osteopathic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Occupational Health, Ear Nose and Throat specialty and Acute Care. Over the years Red Oaks Medical Group has grown its practice to over 30 providers and 75,000 active patients. We are also proud to serve surrounding counties of Shasta, Trinity, Lassen, Butte, and Glenn with the expertise of our well respected providers.