Examples of Important and Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position performs a variety of secretarial/office support for the special education administration
office and district office. This individual must be highly proficient, professional and accurate in
his/her duties. Duties include dealing with a wide variety of information on a strictly confidential
basis. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide secretarial support to the special education staff and administration
Manage and maintain special education files for all special education students
Prepare necessary forms for IEP meetings
Schedule IEP meetings
Maintain special education calendar and clerical log
Enter all special education information in appropriate databases, monitor accuracy, and run
reports as needed
Distribute teacher or service provider class lists monthly
Handle phone calls and/or written communication to parents and/or other agencies as
Attend special education staff meetings
Sort and distribute incoming mail to special education office
Filing, copying, faxing as needed
Check accuracy of all special education paperwork prior to submittal
Assist in monitoring of program budgets and budget record keeping
Order supplies, maintain inventory of supplies and forms, and process purchase requisitions
as needed for special education programs
Other duties as assigned
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks, which may be found in positions within this classification.
Employees in this position must have the ability to:
1. Stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and talk or hear.
2. Sit for extended periods and frequently squat, bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, reach forward and overhead, and push/pull items such as desks, tables or chairs.
3. See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
4. Hear and understand speech at normal indoor levels, outdoors and on the telephone.
5. Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly inside, outdoors and on the telephone.
6. Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer, and to perform assigned classroom tasks using both hands.
7. Lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and carry objects weighing over 15 pounds.
8. Maintain physical, mental, and emotional stamina to endure work hours under sometimes stressful conditions and constant interruptions.
Employees in this position will normally perform work in an office environment and come in direct and frequent contact with students, and the public.
Required Education and Experience
1. Previous experience in secretarial position.
2. High School diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience using technology in an office setting. (Two years preferred)
4. Obtain a score of 70% or better on clerical/computer tests.
5. Valid Driver’s License, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, TB Clearance
6. Possession of valid First Aid/CPR Certification
7. Knowledge of protocol for bloodborne pathogens.
- Pre-employment Proficiency Test on clerical/computer applications, typing (minimum 40 words
per minute), English usage, and mathematics.
Previous secretarial experience in a school district or government setting.
1. Proper English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
2. Modern office methods, procedures, and practices, including filing systems, business
correspondence, and telephone techniques.
3. Filing systems and records development and maintenance techniques.
4. Standard bookkeeping and record keeping.
1. Work independently with minimal direction, use initiative, and prioritize and coordinate work
flow to meet established deadlines.
2. Maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive information and files.
3. Learn the operations, procedures, policies, requirements, and legal procedures of the sites
4. Interpret, understand and apply site and district policies, procedures, rules and regulations,
and both oral and written directions with good judgment in a variety of situations.
5. Establish, organize, and maintain accurate filing and record keeping systems including a
computer data base.
6. Proofread and make mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
7. Learn and use a variety of computer software programs including word processing,
spreadsheets, and other programs.
8. Operate a variety of standard office machines and equipment such as calculator, copy
machine, telephone, computer, etc.
9. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective work relationships with those contacted in
the performance of required duties including students, co-workers, staff, supervisors, and the
10.Understand, be sensitive to and respect the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic,
religious, and cultural backgrounds, and disabilities of students, teachers, administrators, and
11.Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
12.Quickly learn and be able to coordinate multiple tasks.
13.Be a well organized, logical thinker.
14.Meet and maintain the physical requirements necessary to perform assigned job duties in a
safe and effective manner.
How to Apply: You can apply through edjoin.org by clicking the link https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1386568 All applicants will be required to submit proficiency exams; Pre-employment proficiency exams: Contact Grass Valley Business and Career Network Job Center 988 McCourtney Rd, Grass Valley 265-7088 (Requires registration with agency – Need CDL & SS card. ) Open 8 – 5 – Must call and make Appointment. Required Certificates: Typing Certificate and Data Entry 1: Vendor Exam Certificate You can contact Nicole Wagner at email@example.com for questions.
See attached job description.