This position provides direct care assistance to the resident in a manner that meets or exceeds Community expectations, including being familiar with and prepared to fulfill responsibilities outlined in the following position descriptions:
- Personal Care Assistant to Residents
- Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Provide assistance or reminders with activities of daily living, including grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair cleaning and brushing, and transferring to and from activities and meals, as
- Provide assistance with resident’s personal environment (e.g. clothing, linen, and personal belongings).
- Lift and/or transfer residents as
- Assist in meal preparation/presentation, serving to resident, and other dining related responsibilities; record and report changes in resident’s eating habits to the
- Make resident rounds every two hours as required in residents’ service plans or as circumstances dictate.
- Record and report changes in resident’s condition to the supervisor including but not limited to changes in resident’s ability to perform activities of daily living, skin changes, bruising,
- Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record pertinent information in resident
- Immediately report all incidents or accident involving residents to the Resident Care Director/Supervisor and record all necessary information on the Resident Incident and Accident Reporting
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment by performing general scheduled housekeeping for resident involving cleaning laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen,
- Initiate and participate in leisure activities provided for residents; encourage resident to socialize and participate in planned activities and programs to develop friendships with other
- Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and respond promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Correct and prevent environmental hazards in an appropriate and safe manner while observing universal precautions and infection control
- Immediately report any suspected abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resident funds or property.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work
- Be familiar with Pacifica Policies & Procedures Manual and Pacifica Associate
- Perform other related assignments as
- Attend required in-service
- Be willing and able to work in any resident care
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community
- Respect Resident’s
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever
- Observe standard precaution procedures and all safe workplace
- Report any suspected or observed abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property or funds of a resident to the appropriate licensing
- Perform duties under the direction of a licensed nurse, within the scope of certified practice, and within verified skills
- Pursuant to state regulations, must remain
- This position prefers a high school diploma or equivalent certificate and a competent history in a similar
- Must possess valid First Aid Certifications and, according to state regulations, may need to possess current CPR, Certified Nursing Assistant Certification, state certifications, and pass an examination and/or skills evaluation, Also, must meet requirements for continuing education and maintain all license(s).
- Speak, read and understand English
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, arid concentration for necessary
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or
- Regularly required to sit and talk or
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, and push up to 50 pounds. Anything 50lbs and over requires another person to assist in lifting. When lifting must use necessary safety equipment; galt belt, hoyer lift, transfer board or ask another employee for assistance. Failure to use proper safety equipment will result in disciplinary action and grounds for termination. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to nosy.
How to Apply: Please call Patricia Gobin at (530)533-7857.Valid First Aid CertificationsMinimum Education and Experience