Tehama County Personnel Department
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $23.08 – $28.05 Hourly | $1,846.40 – $2,244.00 Biweekly
Interviews will be held on Monday, December 12, 2022
The Tehama County Personnel Department is looking for an organized and focused Personnel Technician. Under direction, this position performs technical and paraprofessional work pertaining to personnel, classifications, compensation, employee benefits, workers’ compensation, employee safety, recruitment and selection, and employee training.
The ideal candidate will possess superior customer service skills, excellent research skills, and portray a positive attitude, as well as be approachable, friendly, and willing to learn. This individual is technically savvy, utilizing various software systems efficiently. Additionally, the ideal candidate would thrive working with a positive and collaborative team utilizing efficient ways to provide essential services to our dedicated Tehama County employees.
Required Knowledge of:
- Basic administration practices and terminology related to personnel, employee safety andrelated State and Federal laws
- Basic regulations for processing personnel, worker’s compensation, benefit, and otherrelated documents
- Modern office practices, methods and computer equipment
- Record keeping principles and procedures
- Techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to all individuals contacted in the course of work
- Composing reports and correspondence independently
- Entering and retrieving data from computer systems and programs with speed and accuracy
- Working effectively with and providing a high level of customer service
- Organizing and prioritizing a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade and graduation from an accreditedcollege or university with an Associate’s degree.
- One (1) year of experience in a fast paced professional office environment.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
Why Tehama County Personnel?
We are the people who serve the people, who serve the people. We are a small office whose top priority is providing positive customer service to support our County departments. Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions.
The department is recruiting to fill a position that will become vacant as of January 1,2023
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Personnel Analyst I/II, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-527-4183 ext. 3028 | firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACEMinimum Education and Experience