HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
$21.06 – $25.60 / Hour
This is a full-time benefitted position
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of difficult, complex, and specialized program, office, administrative, and general support work for the County Human Resources Department; to prepare, process, assemble, and distribute material for benefits, leaves of absence; to prepare transactions within the County HRIS system; to assist with the information gathering; to provide a variety of information about County Employment policies and procedures to the public and County staff; and to do related work as required.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties
(The following is used as a partial description and is not restrictive as to duties required.)
Performs a variety of complex and specialized program, office, administrative, and general support assignments for the County Human Resources Department; develops bulletins and announcements for benefits and leaves of absence; organizes retirement benefits, maintains required documentation for new hire employees; processes personnel transactions and maintains personnel files; gathers, organizes, and maintains data for special studies as directed; develops, organizes, and distributes documents for personnel procedures; provides a variety of information about personnel processes, policies, and procedures for the public and County staff; operates a personal computer and uses a variety of software to develop and maintain personnel information; prepares correspondence; operates office equipment.
• Policies, procedures, and functions of the County Human Resources Department.
• Basic general knowledge of employment laws.
• Good public relations techniques.
• Maintenance of files and information retrieval systems.
• Computers and software used in office and administrative support work, including the maintenance of personnel records.
• Modern office methods and procedures.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Basic mathematics.
• Principles of work coordination and planning.
• Maintain on-going responsibility for Human Resource Department support functions.
• Perform a variety of complex and specialized administrative, office, and general support work for County Human Resource Department with minimal guidance and supervision.
• Read, interpret, and apply policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Type or use word processing software at an acceptable speed to meet production requirements.
• Gather and organize data and information.
• Maintain and update records and reports.
• Operate a computer and use specialized software in the performance of assigned work.
• Operate and use office equipment.
• Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and other staff when explaining the functions and policies of the County Human Resources Department.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Training and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Two (2) years of previous administrative, office, and general support work experience comparable to that of an Administrative Clerk, Senior with Trinity County, including previous work experience with personnel and/or risk management procedures and processes.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, calculator, copiers, and FAX.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office environment; continuous contact with other staff and the public.
$3,651.95 – $4,438.97 / Month
$21.06 – $25.60 / HourMinimum Education and Experience