Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Pharmaceutical Services Director. This is a full-time position. It includes benefits and reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Reviews all areas pharmaceutical services in Modoc Medical Center and Retail Pharmacy, including the procurement, distribution, storage, and administration of drugs by appropriate staff.
- Oversee and direct operations of both the inpatient and retail pharmacies.
- Supervises all pharmacy and retail pharmacy staff and completes annual performance evaluations.
- Reviews operation of all drug distribution systems in the facility in order to operate efficiently and effectively within the framework of its pharmacy license. Recommends solutions to problems in operation of its pharmacy services.
- Provides drug information to other health care professionals within the facility, through written materials, references or telephone conferences.
- Maintains the pharmacy services policy and procedure manual to comply with changes in the law and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that pharmacy services of MMC are in compliance with all State and Federal regulations regarding pharmaceutical services.
- Helps the pharmaceutical services realized cost savings through correct purchasing procedures utilizing a drug formulary program.
- Serves as the consultant pharmacist for the Skilled Nursing Facility patients for monthly drug regimen reviews.
- Communicates changes effectively and fully.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ensures daily housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitation program as established within the company guidelines.
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of California
- Has at least a Bachelor of Science degree from a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education
- Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively
- Current BLS Certification
Application Process: Modoc Medical Center – Human Resource Department P.O. Box 190 – Alturas, CA 96101 www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.Current BLS CertificationMinimum Education and Experience