Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an Extra (Non-Benefit eligible) Pharmacy Technician. This position is located at Last Frontier Pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician works under the direction of the Pharmacy Manager.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Available to work Monday thru Friday 9am to 6pm.
• Filling and refilling of prescription medication under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
• Input of information into the computer of all prescription, and patient data.
• All duties allowed a pharmacy technician under current state pharmacy law; And, any other duties needed or requested by the pharmacist for the normal everyday operation of the pharmacy which are permitted a pharmacy technician under existing state law.
• Is a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of California.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Meets the requirements as set forth by current federal, state and local laws, guidelines and regulations governing retail pharmacy technicians.
• Maintains the required continuing education hours (biennially) relative to the practice of pharmacy technician to assure continued competence.
• Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, have good grammar, spelling, and the ability to be accurate.
• Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to initiate the necessary procedures to start the process of filling the prescription. To carry out this ability, the technician needs to be organized and should follow the pharmacy workflow system to expedite work flow.
• Prior Pharmacy Experience Preferred.
For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
EOEMinimum Education and Experience