Lassen Medical Clinic/Red Oaks Medical Group
Hours: 11am – 5:30pm
This is a nonexempt position responsible for performing venipuncture on patients. Prepare equipment to efficiently collect blood products. Perform venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients as directed by physician and following medical practice protocols related to safety, infection control, and confidentiality. Enter data into computer. Assist donor before, during, and after donation. Employee will instruct patient on specimen collection procedures. Clean/sterilize equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures. The Phlebotomist will inventory supplies and place orders to ensure adequate supplies for procedures.
1. Knowledge of phlebotomy techniques.
2. Knowledge of clinic protocols and policies.
1. Skill in performing efficient and effective draws.
2. Skill in conducting cooperative interactions with patients and staff.
1. Ability to interpret and respond appropriately to instructions.
2. Ability to coordinate eye–hand movements to ensure patient comfort during blood draws.
3. Ability to navigate EMR and Lab Information System
1. Role model for organization’s core values
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates the highest standards for friendly, courteous and caring interaction with patients, physicians, customers, and fellow employees.
4. Organization and presentation abilities
5. Professional presence
7. Communication Demonstrates ability to accept and understand instructions, expresses self clearly and concisely.
8. Adaptability/Flexibility Demonstrates the ability to cope with pressure, grasp new ideas and methods, and adjust responses to meet the changing work environment.
9. Independence/initiative Demonstrates reliability, follow-through, ability to work with minimum supervision, and desire and ability to accept additional responsibility.
11. Emotional Intelligence Maintain basic emotional and social competencies to include self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
Equipment operated; Blood draw equipment including syringes, tubes, bandages, and other appropriate supplies
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent along with graduation from an accredited medical vocational institution with phlebotomy course diploma. A minimum one year of phlebotomy experience is required and medical practice experience is helpful.
Physical: Involves standing six to eight hours per day, walking, bending, and reaching. Employee must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies and equipment and help with patient transport and transfer. Job causes occasional stress when dealing with priorities and anxious patients.
To Apply: Visit: www.RedOaksMedical.comMinimum Education and Experience