CA Licensed Phlebotomist (CPT-1) or out of state Phlebotomy license (due State of Emergency Declaration)
Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a per diem Phlebotomist. The position reports to the Laboratory Manager and the individual is responsible for providing phlebotomist services, performing venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently with thorough knowledge of test requirements.
– Consistently draws blood competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
– Displays courteous, professional manner towards patients, co-workers, nursing and medical staff.
– Identifies the patient before venipuncture is performed.
– Assists laboratory technicians, does clerical work when needed.
– Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
– Labels and records all test tubes, logs procedures, files paperwork.
– Performs all aspects of patient care that optimizes patient safety
– Requires minimal supervision in performance of job duties – seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
– Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving and written/oral communication skills.
– Completes duties in a time efficient manner, prioritizes STAT, ASAP, scheduled and outpatients orders.
– High School diploma or equivalent and Certified CA Phlebotomist.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
– Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
– Completes annual education requirements.
– Maintains regulatory requirements.
– Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
– Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
– Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
– Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience