Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an extra Phlebotomist Trainee. This position is not benefit eligible. The position reports to the Laboratory Manager and the individual would enroll in a Phlebotomist Training Program with applicable expenses covered by Modoc Medical Center.
- Consistently process laboratory requisitions, and specimens for laboratory testing.
- Displays courteous, professional manner towards patients, co-workers, nursing and medical staff.
- Identifies the patient before venipuncture is performed.
- Assists laboratory technicians, does clerical work when needed.
- Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
- Labels and records all test tubes, logs procedures, files paperwork.
- Requires minimal supervision in performance of job duties – seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
- Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving and written/oral communication skills.
- Completes duties in a time efficient manner, prioritizes STAT, ASAP, scheduled and outpatients orders.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled in Certified CA Phlebotomist program and complete within 6 months of hire date. Receives CA Certified Phlebotomist License (CPT-1) within 9 months of date of hire date.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
To Apply: Apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application EOEMinimum Education and Experience