Under general supervision, perform a variety of specialized physical education and physical fitness instructional activities with high school age students; to perform instructional support and follow-up activities; and to do other related work as required.
Wage Rate: $17.11 – $22.45 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists instructional personnel in the implementation of physical education instructional activities following a prescribed plan developed in cooperation with instructional personnel.
- Assists in evaluating and determining the skill and fitness levels of pupils in physical education.
- Instructs individual and small groups of students to reinforce and follow up instructional and skill development activities.
- Assists in the maintenance and follow-up of behavior management and behavior shaping plans.
- Assists in the planning, organization and implementation of self-directed game activities, including softball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, football and other games common to the physical education curriculum.
- Assists in the inspection and review of game activity areas and physical fitness equipment to ensure that the physical education activities are conducted in a safe and non-hazardous environment.
- Assists and directs campus visitors to authorized parking areas and appropriate offices.
- May assist in the conduct of health, personal hygiene, grooming and self-help skills.
- May assist in the implementation and conduct of adaptive physical education activities.
- May requisition, store, distribute and maintain an appropriate and adequate inventory of physical education instructional supplies and equipment.
- Controls and reports inappropriate student behavior.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of records concerning physical fitness progress.
- Administers routine first aid and seeks assistance for serious illness or injury situations.
- Basic concepts of growth and development and behavior characteristics.
- Student behavior management strategies and techniques typically utilized with multi-age students.
- Instructional strategies pertaining to physical education and physical fitness instruction.
- Routine record management, storage and retrieval systems and procedures.
- Appropriate English usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrate an empathetic, patient and understanding attitude with elementary and secondary level students.
- Interpret, understand and follow-up student special physical education and weight training plans.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Provide clear and concise reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with pupils and adults.
Two years paid or volunteer experience working with multi-age children in an organized physical education or weight training program.
Equivalent to the completion of the 12th Grade, supplemented by coursework or training in growth and development, psychology, physical education and other related educational programs preferably at the community college level.
- Independent worker
- Maturity and good judgement
- Neat and clean appearance
- Willingness to assume a wide range of responsibilities
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to continuously improve
- Pleasant interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Commitment to professional courtesy
- Belief in high standards
- Commitment to professional responsibility
- High intrinsic motivation
- Stand, sit, reach, grasp, stoop, bend, push, pull, kneel, squat and twist
- Move up to 15 pounds
To Apply: Please visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1819710
Modoc Joint Unified School District is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience