Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Physical Therapist in the Physical Therapy Department. This is a full-time position and is benefit eligible. The Physical Therapist reports to the Director of Physical Therapy.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Administers physical agents prescribed by a referring physician
• Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and assures competency of all personnel.
• Develops and implements system of reviewing department charges, ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
• Maintains efficient and effective department operations while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
• Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, recommends change to physician if needed.
• Ability to perform an appropriate assessment of all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric patients and the general patient population.
• Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation and makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
• Maintains a good working relationship within the department, other departments and medical staff.
• Three (3) or more years of previous experience in physical therapy preferred.
• Current California licensure or certification as a physical therapist.
• Knowledge of physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
• Knowledge of disease processes and related causative factors.
• Knowledge of benefits/ values of rehabilitative medicine and physical therapy agents.
• Knowledge of infection control, sterile techniques and related impact on rehabilitative medicine practice and equipment.
• Current BCLS certification.
Dependent On Experience
For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience