Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Physical Therapist Assistant in the Physical Therapy Department. This is a full time position. It includes benefits and reports to the Director of Physical Therapy.
Wage Rate: $23.64 – $29.52/hour DOE (Dependent On Experience)
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Provides treatment as directed by the primary Physical Therapist and communicates immediately if the treatment plan might need to be changed.
- Observes, evaluates and documents the effect of treatments. Communicates the effects verbally or through charting.
- Maintains a treatment environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of healthcare related errors.
- Interacts professionally with patients and families and includes them in the plan of care.
- Works cooperatively with other staff creating a team approach to patient care.
- Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated through effective patient scheduling and completion of patient charting, according to policy.
- Communicates appropriately, respectfully, and clearly to physicians, directors, managers, and coworkers. Accepts direction as provided without questioning authority, within the chain of command.
- Assists in ordering supplies and maintains adequate PAR levels.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of physical therapy modalities used at Modoc Medical Center including, but not limited to: spinal traction, ultra sound, electrical stimulation, infra-red light. And use of physical therapy procedures including, but not limited to: therapeutic exercise, soft tissue mobilization, gait training, neuromuscular re-education, orthotic/prosthetic training, taping.
- Works within the guidelines of the California State Practice Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an APTA approved Physical Therapist Assistant Program and licensed by the State of California to provide PTA services. A PTA who has challenged the State Board examination and has been awarded state licensure may also be considered.
- Experience in acute care, skilled nursing and out-patient physical therapy is preferred. A new graduate candidate may also be considered.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing physical therapy procedures and modalities and in assessing the effects of these.
- CPR certification
For an application apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org
MMC is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).Minimum Education and Experience