Modoc Medical Center has an opening for a full-time benefited Hospitalist. Under the direction of the Medical Director and Emergency Room Physicians, the Hospitalist (PA or FNP) is responsible for providing healthcare services to patients and residents at Modoc Medical Center’s Hospital and Warnerview Skilled Nursing Facility, focusing on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and counseling. The Hospitalist works under a physician following established guidelines as required and within established scope of practice.
While supervised by the ER Physicians the Hospitalist’s work schedule would be rotation of one week (7days) on and one week (7days) off. While providing on-call services for Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility after normal business hours. Normal business house (M-F from 8am to 5pm and 1-12 hour shift Sat or Sun).
The census at the SNF currently is 28 residents, during Hospitalist rotation these residents would be seen monthly for regular visits, as well as if contacted by the nursing staff of the SNF. Our average daily census in our hospital is 4 patients per day.
FNP Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences or other relevant field.
2. Graduate of an accredited Physician’s Assistant Program.
3. NCCPA certified.
4. Licensed in the State of California as a Physician’s Assistant or Current California Registered Nurse License.
5. Registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration.
6. Current BLS certification.
7. Current ACLS certification.
8. Current PALS certification.
9. Must maintain licensure as a Physician’s Assistant or FNP.
10. 3+ years of experience in hospitalist or equivalent role is preferred.
11. Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
12. Is dependable, reliable with good attendance and the ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas (but not limited to):
1. In depth knowledge of patient care clinical standards, systems, external regulations and internal policies.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Examines patients, performs comprehensive physical examinations, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
4. Provides services to emergency room patients once per week as relief to regular Emergency Room Physician.
5. Provides services to clinic walk-in patients before or after regular rounds for skilled nursing facility and/or inpatients are completed during the regular work week.
6. Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as imaging studies, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
7. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
8. Performs other department specific diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
9. Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance and other relevant patient education.
10. Rounds on inpatients and residents of the skilled nursing facility.
11. Performs admission evaluation on patients to include: obtaining basic medical information and history, reviewing patient’s medical record, performing physical exam, documenting findings into patient medical record, and reporting deviations from normal findings to attending physician.
12. Assists in performing surgical procedures and other procedures consistent with the standards of care and practice guidelines.
13. Works efficiently to provide quality primary care in a skilled nursing setting such as examining patients to diagnose injuries and illnesses, providing treatment, and actively promoting preventative care.
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
MMC is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience