PHYSICIAN- Family Practice
Open Until Filled
Education Level: Medical Degree
SUMMARY: As an employee, physician will provide a scheduled amount of patient services weekly, inclusive of patient care within assigned NRHC facilities. Physician will share hospital call duties on hospital call rotation. Physician works independently without day-to-day supervision in the performance of his or her work in all phases of family practice and/or OB, office, hospital, home care, and long term care. Physician co-manages, observes, supports, and advises, consults on patients cared for by mid-level practitioners. The family physician is directly responsible to the Medical Director. Physician patient care and hospital call schedule will be determined by the Medical Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current license to practice medicine in the State of California, current CPR certification. Board certified family practice physician, or eligible to be board certified. Physician will maintain licensure and certification. Ability to work well with others in a professional manner in a team oriented environment. Ability to work in fast paced environment, use discretion and good judgment. Must maintain confidentiality relating to NRHC personnel, patients, and information which could result in proprietary damage to NRHC. Must be flexible, work both independently and as a team. Must have the ability to work various shifts and rotate when needed to other sites. Must possess current California drivers license and auto liability insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, walking, bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, balancing, reaching, twisting/turning, pulling, stand up lifting to 10 pounds, speaking/hearing on phone and in person, reading, writing, close eye work, repetitive motion of hands, fine and gross manipulation, up/down and side/side hand motion, work with VDTs, positioning patients, exposure to bodily fluids, exposure to infectious disease, exposure to emotional crisis of others, exposure to solvents/chemicals, exposure to public/staff/physicians, working with others, fast work pace, frequent change, frequent interruptions, independent problem solving, travel by auto to other sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a program of family practice care with responsibility for examination, diagnosis and treatment of pediatric and adult patients, including pre- and post-natal care and obstetrics/gynecology, and emphasizing longitudinal family health care.
- Provides medical treatment and advice to patients as may be indicated. The physician will particularly serve in this role as a family practitioner and will see patients in all age groups and serve as a consultant in family practice to other health professions. Secures case history and related pertinent information. Examines patient, utilizes laboratory and x-ray diagnostic tests, interprets findings for differential diagnosis; diagnoses ailments; and performs necessary treatment including surgical procedures, carrying out such follow-up treatment as may be medically indicated. Refers patients with serious conditions to hospital for inpatient care or refers for consultations to medical, surgical or other adjunct services those patients the family practitioner is not qualified to treat or for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Seeks advice from other medical specialists, as required.
- Provides professional supervision to the assigned staff or nurses and other professionals.
- Observes, supports, co-manages, and consults on patients cared for by mid level practitioners. Helps them to take care of complicated medical problems or complications which arise out of their care. Realizes that some problems that arise are “out of scope” for mid levels and the client must be managed by physicians. Serves as a mentor and advisor for mid levels.
- Works in all phases of family practice office, hospital, home care, and long term care.
- Maintains licensure and certification.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs such as immunization, disease detection, disease prevention, special health screenings and Northeastern Rural Health Clinics’ public health programs, e.g., Family Planning, OB Access, etc.
- Provides health consultation to community groups in the designated area.
OTHER DUTIES: Performs other duties as assigned, demonstrating flexibility and willingness to do extra work as needed, on an intermittent basis.
Attendance is satisfactory.
- Is responsive to supervisory feedback, utilizing constructive criticism in a positive manner. Maintains open communication and observes chain of command.
- Is a team player, working well with peers and other staff.
- Is sensitive to customer service issues, displaying a positive attitude to patients, co-workers, and the organization as a whole.
- Maintains strict confidentiality. Does not disclose confidential information regarding patients, co-workers, or the organization to unauthorized individuals in or out of the organization.
- Observes the dress code; appearance and grooming are appropriate.
HIPAA Exposure to PHI statement:
“Employee provides services associated to the Northeastern Rural Health Clinics, its participating physicians and clinicians, which is a covered entity under the HIPAA rule. In the scope of performing functions, including but not limited to management, administrative, financial, legal and operational support services, I may have access to Protected Health Information (PHI), which is information, whether oral, written, electronic, visual, pictorial, physical, or any other form, that relates to an individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health status, condition, treatment, service, products purchased, or provision of health care and which reveals the identity of the individual, whose health care is the subject of the information, or where there is reasonable basis to believe such information could be utilized to reveal the identity of that individual”.
Questions on how to apply:
Human Resources Department
1850 Spring Ridge Drive
Susanville, CA 96130