Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $111,492.00 – $116,004.00 Annually
Testing dates: April 7, 2023 – April 10, 2023. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative interview date: April 11, 2023 10:30am – 12:00pm
IMPORTANT: IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA STATE HEALTH OFFICER’SORDER, THIS POSITION REQUIRES EMPLOYEESPROVIDE PROOF OF COVID-19VACCINATION COMPLETED BY THE APPOINTMENT DATE.
ABOUT THE DIVISION
The Medical Clinic and Behavioral Health centers are committed to meeting the community needs of Tehama County adults and children by ensuring patients receive the highest level of medical care and client services available. Tehama County Health Services Agency works to accomplish this goal by building partnerships with other local agencies and organizations in the delivery of individual and group programs to those who are in need.
Under the direction of the Medical Clinic or Mental Health Director and close supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant performs a variety of services in the examination and treatment of patients of the Health Services Agency, including the Medical Clinic, Behavioral Health, Jail and Juvenile Detention Facility, to support the goals of the Medical Clinic or Behavioral Health centers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Serves as a treatment provider to patients at the Health Services Agency, Juvenile Detention Facility and the Jail, following established guidelines, procedures, protocol and restrictions as applicable to certified Physician Assistants;
- Administers medical care to patients in a clinic or community setting;
- May be required to serve on-call;
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests and other evaluation tools;
- Formulates diagnosis, prescribes appropriate treatment and develops a plan of care to be countersigned by a supervising physician in accordance with California law.
- Principles and practices of medical records management and patient care documentation procedures;
- Medicines and their effect on the patient and their contraindications;
- Professional protocols and practices in healthcare and patient treatment, case management, physical hygiene, and mental hygiene.
- Understand and implement limitations to scope of practice as defined by the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance and agency policy;
- Perform medical procedures and tests following proper protocol, procedures and safety measures;
- Instruct and supervise the work of others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & LICENSES:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant college program.
- Three (3) years of professional experience as a Physician Assistant is highly desirable.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Valid Physician Assistant certificate issued by the California Department of ConsumerAffairs’ Medical Board of California
- Valid Controlled Substance Registration certificate issued by the Drug EnforcementAdministration
- Must possess or be willing to obtain, a national provider identifier (NPI)
- Must not be excluded from participation in any federally funded health care program including, without limitation, Medicare or Medi-Cal
Payment for licenses, certificates, trainings, travel expenses, etc., are negotiated within the employment contract.
How to Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama and search for the job title to apply online.
The department currently has two (2) vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill current vacancies for a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (see separate recruitment), as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying, such as copies of all required degrees and / or certifications as outlined in the classification specification. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-8491 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug screening (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
About Tehama County Health Services Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency
is committed to a healthy community. We provideintegrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment,intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care,whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate,and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall health of ourclients. Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, goodcommunication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. Ifyou would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then ouragency would like to hear from you.