Sierra Pacific Industries
Salary: $120,000 and $180,000 per year
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Jet Turbine Pilot to join our growing flight department (Part 91). The flight department operates and maintains a fleet of modern business aircraft, including Gulfstream G500, Hawker 4,000’s, Pilatus PC24, and Bell 429. The successful applicant will need to reside in the commutable Redding, California area.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Function as the PIC/SIC for assigned aircraft
• Ensure that all flight and ground operations comply with federal aviation regulations and Company policy
• Analyze weather conditions and make decisions regarding possible delays, rerouting or flight cancellations
• Perform all inspections and pre-flight checks to ensure aircraft is safely prepared for operation
• Responsible for the comfort and safety of passengers and crew
• Assist with dispatching functions pertaining to airport and fuel requirements
• Manage refueling and coordinate servicing of the aircraft
• Accurately log information, such as time in flight, altitude flown, and fuel consumed
• Understand all airport and Company security requirements and maintain necessary clearances and training
• Represent the Company by demonstrating and promoting professionalism and exceptional customer service
• Build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with management and regular passengers
• Assist with ground transportation arrangements for passengers
• Minimum 2 years experience as a jet pilot, with current ATP and FAA First Class Medical certificate
• No FAA sanctions or accidents in last 5 years
• Preference given to candidates type rated for Company aircraft
• Solid understanding of FAA Part 91 regulations, weather conditions, and air traffic control
• Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to meet changing schedule and operational demands
• Willingness to travel frequently, including occasional multi-day trips away from home
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
In addition to paid vacation and 10 paid holidays, we provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a drug and tobacco free workplace.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is between $120,000 and $180,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.