Title: Gaming Accountant
Reports To: Tribal Council & General Manager
Summary of DUTIES:
Responsible for coordinating and managing all functions and activities pertaining to Financial Analysis, General Ledger, Revenue, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Hard and Soft Count and the Cage, in accordance with the established policies, procedures and controls of the company.
· Creates, develops and implements an effective strategy of financial organization for the property, working with the General Manager, to determine objectives for future growth and expansion.
· Supervises casino financial, accounting and cash operations as assigned.
· Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly financial reports to the Tribal Council and General Manager.
· Organizes all financial analysis with regard to Capital Expenditures, Casino Revenue and Budget Forecasting.
· Monitors all financial activities to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the Tribe, Federal and State Commissions are enforced.
· Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
· Responsible for enforcing compliance with all policies and procedures applicable to the Casino Finance Department’s Internal Controls. Establishes, reviews and implements cage, vault and accounting procedures as new rules and regulations are initiated.
· Design audits and periodic cash counts to ensure regulatory compliance, respond to all audit findings and recommendations and correct them immediately, and communicate with federal and state commissions.
· Communicate with other Department Managers and assist with any financial statement questions and problems that may arise.
· Prepare IRS Reports
· Knowledge of National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) Minimum Internal Controls Standards (MICS)
· Knowledge of Title 31 and Suspicious Activity Reports pertaining to Casino Activity.
· Knowledge of Tribal-State Compact and the Pit River Tribal Gaming Ordinance.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management, Equivalent experience may be substituted. Must have High School Diploma or GED.
· 3 years of Accounting management experience.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in financial analysis or related, preferably in the gaming industry, required.
· Must possess excellent communications, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· At least 21 years of age.
· Valid Drivers License.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Contact: Director of Human Resources
Pit River Tribe Human Resources Department 36970 Park Avenue
Burney, California 96013
Minimum Education and Experience
About Pit River Tribe
The Pit River Tribe is a Tribe comprised of eleven (11) autonomous bands: Ajumawi, Atsugewi, Atwamsini, Ilmawi, Astarawi, Hammawi, Hewisedawi, Itsatawi, Aporige, Kosalektawi, and Madesi, that since time immemorial have resided in the area known as the 100-mile square, located in parts of Shasta, Siskiyou, Modoc, and Lassen Counties in the State of California.