Sustainable Resource Management / SRM Energy
Sustainable Resource Management is currently seeking a Plant Laborer. Performs cleaning functions and operates and maintains mobile equipment. Duties may include sweeping, shoveling, painting, housekeeping and some minor repairs of equipment. Completes inspections as assigned. Performs minor repairs to equipment. Maintains records, receipts.
The Shasta facility is one of northern California’s largest wood-fired power plants. The facility provides dependable, environmentally safe disposal of wood waste and forest residue from Shasta County and surrounding areas, while generating clean electricity for sale to the local utility.
- Work around machinery and mobile equipment.
- Work with maintenance when needed for fire watch and hole watch of confined spaces.
- Work with the public to receive materials in the drop off yard.
- Scale in trucks and enter information into computer program.
- Uses effective communication and interpersonal skills including successful cooperation with all departments. Communicates clearly and concisely bother verbally and in writing as well as communicates clearly whether using intercom system, two-way radio or face-to-face.
- Maintains and follows all Company and environmental compliance, health and safety requirements, policies, procedures and rules.
- Completes all required Environmental Management System and Compliance Training.
- Follows standard safety procedures. Corrects safety and environmental hazards and reports them to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains the work area in clean, neat and orderly condition at all times.
- Completes the Company and Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
- Work overtime and/or rotating shifts as required.
- Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics or chemicals.
- Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoots equipment and assists in diagnosing problem areas.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Mechanical abilities sufficient to perform equipment maintenance, minor repairs and general preventative maintenance. Licenses as required by State, Federal and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies. Valid Drivers license.
- Drug Free work zone.
All applications may be submitted to:
Sustainable Resource Management
20811 Industry Rd. Anderson, CA 96007