The Respite program provides respite care for caregivers of the elderly and people with developmental and/or physical disabilities. Under general supervision, this position provides in home care, development and age appropriate activities for disabled and elderly individuals. This position may also provide transportation services for clients needing transportation.
• Notify supervisor of any unusual situations that arise
• Meet with family and/or caregivers for interview and discussion of services needed
• Provide care, i.e. preparation of food, companionship, etc. for clients with disabilities and/or the elderly.
• May provide transportation services for client’s needs such as transportation to medical appointments, etc.
• Submit timesheets and travel reimbursements on time and complete
• Responsible to adherence to all program related requirements
• Attend trainings as appropriate for position and as directed by supervisor
• Use culturally sensitive and appropriate language with clients
• Maintain client confidentiality with other agencies and general public
• Act as a mandated reporter of adult and/or child abuse while performing job responsibilities
• Other related duties as assigned
• Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy
• Familiarity and interest in working in the human services field
• Ability to use the Internet and e-mail systems
• Ability to effectively resolve conflict and cope with crisis situation
• Ability to pass a background clearance including fingerprinting
• Ability to maintain CPR/First Aid certification throughout employment
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year experience providing similar human services
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people
• Demonstrated good communication skills
• Ability to work in a variety of client’s homes
• Must be able to lift 10 pounds or more
• Must to able to walk for average periods of time
About Plumas Rural Services
Plumas Rural Services is a Northeastern California community-based, non-profit organization providing services and opportunities for the well being of local residents and families to improve quality of life and self sufficiency by promoting health, education, prevention and treatment.