Job Title: Police Officer – Lateral
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under supervision, to perform law enforcement and crime prevention work; to control traffic flow and enforce State and local traffic regulations; to perform investigative work; to perform related work as required.
- Patrol City in radio car, on bicycle, horseback, motorcycle or on foot; answer calls for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of City, County and State laws*;
- May conduct both preliminary and follow-up investigations of disturbances, prowlers, burglaries, thefts, holdups, vehicle accidents, death and other criminal incidents; make arrests as necessary; interview victims, complainants, witnesses and suspects*;
- Gather and preserve evidence*;
- Testify and present evidence in court*;
- Administer first aid*;
- Contract and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the investigation of crimes and the apprehension of offenders*;
- Prepare reports of arrests made, investigations conducted and unusual incidents observed*;
- Serve warrants and subpoenas*;
- While on patrol, stop drivers who are operating vehicles in violation of laws; warn drivers against unlawful practices; Issue citations and make arrests as necessary; check buildings for physical security*;
- Attend and police special events and other emergency or congested situations*;
- Maintain contact with citizens regarding potential law enforcement problems and preserve good relationships with the general public*;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to: Physically pursue and capture wanted persons; observe accurately and remember names, faces, numbers, incidents and places; use and care of firearms; think and act quickly in emergencies, and judge situations and people accurately; learn, understand and interpret laws and regulations; prepare accurate and grammatically correct written reports; learn and use standard broadcasting procedures of a police radio system; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; understand and carry out oral and written directions.
Education: High school graduation or equivalent, supplemented by a valid Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Basic Academy certification.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 26.83 Hour Maximum Salary: 37.77 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: https://chico.ca.us/
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chico
CITY OF CHICO
411 Main Street
Chico, CA 95928Minimum Education and Experience