Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Full-Time, Non-Exempt; 40 hours per week
“Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.”
DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
Perform a wide variety of complex administrative duties under the direct supervision of the Policy Administrative Manager. The ideal candidate uses discretion and independent judgment to organize work effectively to meet critical administrative deadlines; completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, monitoring progress, problem solving and adjusting plans and priorities as needed. Must be comfortable managing multiple priorities, assigning priorities, setting up and documenting processes, finding efficiencies, and managing communications to implement processes and very effective time management and communication skills for the organization.
Duties may include the following:
- Maintain confidentiality of government and operational information.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Policy Manager in the development, documenting, and formatting of a variety of policy and governmental documents.
- Develop and oversee general office administrative procedures, standardizing and communicating changes.
- Create, edit and proof correspondence and reports independently.
- Provide administrative support and coordination including but not limited to organizing and setting up meeting spaces for Tribal Council and Executive Staff.
- Provide administrative support, maintain records of meetings and terms for committees.
- Provide backup to Administrative Assistants and Tribal Office Receptionist.
- Assist with basic accounting functions as needed including but not limited to coding invoices, logging A/R checks and completed purchase orders.
- Assist with special projects or other administrative duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High level of organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated high level of time management skills and efficiency in office procedures.
- High level of ability to act independently but maintain effective level of communication.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software skills.
- Excellent command of English language, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Very strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Principles and practices of record keeping ability to maintain accurate and up to date files.
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to the Tribal Code of Ethics at all times.
- Independently perform difficult administrative and support work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. safely.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of three (3) years working as a legal assistant.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting management.
- Experience in developing, editing, and implementing policy and procedures preferred.
- Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required. Typical travel time is generally less than a week.
- Possess valid California Driver’s License and be insurable by the Tribe.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
The position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in proofreading correspondence and work-related documents. Acute hearing is required. Typically, office work setting conditions.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE INDIVUDAL IN THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES OR SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONS ASSIGNED IN THIS CLASSIFICATION.Minimum Education and Experience