Job Description: The Material Handler performs daily duties, as required, in order to ensure that product is properly delivered to and from the entrees and flour departments. This position communicates with staff regarding daily production and problem solving.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities Material Handler
- Operate forklift to assure all materials are prepared before and during product runs.
- Ensure set up of day to day running of production line is accurate. Maintain accuracy of inventory of materials used on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that all packaging materials needed for production are properly transferred into the manufacturing areas for daily production.
- Transfer raw and packing materials into manufacturing
- Utilize computerized inventory system, including scanning equipment to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Transfer incoming ingredients and packaging materials.
- Read production and delivery schedules and stacking pattern(s) to determine sorting and arrangement of packages on pallet.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Ensure all counts and paperwork associated with the production run is recorded accurately; report finished production and transfer packaging and raw materials to Warehouse.
- Train employees on assembling displays and palletizing.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all equipment needed to produce cases including proficiency in computer skills to meet production work orders.
- Maintain good communication with all departments.
- Assist with clearing equipment.
- Check quality of completed
- Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow employees within the regulations of all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete necessary trainings to ensure all Lundberg certifications required for role are maintained as current. Certifications may include, but are not limited to, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Back Safety, Forklift, Arc Flash, Confined Space, etc.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Team Leader to achieve department and company business goals.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Lundberg Family Farms’ Attendance and Punctuality standards.
- Complete training required for position and maintain applicable
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and managers at all times.
- Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple, and sometimes, competing deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Useful knowledge of basic formula calculations.
- Ability to work independently and at a fast pace.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with hands.
- Ability to work in an environment where it is necessary and required to perform different job duties throughout the work day.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Forklift experience
Minimum Age: 18
Production experience related to food
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Salary: 13.00 Hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, 401K, Profit Sharing
How to Apply: All interested individuals can apply online at https://www.lundberg.com/info/employment/
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Online
Employer Information: LUNDBERG FAMILY FARMS
5370 Church Street
Richvale, CA 9597418 years old, Forklift Experience