Production/Assembly Technician – Small Parts Department
Ted Pella, Inc. is seeking a candidate for full-time Small Parts Production Technician — either Associate Tech level or Technician level — depending on experience — to join our production team to fabricate and test small parts products and provide ongoing support to the Small Parts Lab. This position reports directly to the Small Parts Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
This position will begin pay rolled through a temporary agency to start, and will convert to regular TPI employee after successful introductory period (between 30-90 days).
Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Pay rate is commensurate with qualifications and experience, between $15 and $17 per hour. This position, if hired as regular full time, includes medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Company match, and paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform a variety of basic level production duties, as trained an assigned:
- Stock incoming materials.
- Pull required materials to complete a job from the stockroom and report any shortages or damaged material.
- Assemble products according to written procedures and instructions. Assemble and inspect small parts using microscope.
- Measure, mix, and pour various chemicals, paints, and solvents as needed.
- Label, weigh, and count product as needed.
- Process daily orders and back orders as needed or as instructed.
- Report any documentation discrepancies.
- Verify that all fixtures and tooling are properly identified and report any damaged fixtures and/or tooling needing repair or replacement.
- Inspect incoming products and standards.
- Ensure that product meets engineering and quality standards
- Perform quality control (QC) review of the work of other staff as instructed, and complete QC reports on products that do not pass inspection.
- Inspect chemical products, records lot numbers and make certificate copies for filing.
- Report any Stock on Hand (SOH) quantity discrepancies.
- Ensure work area is clean and organized.
- Work with other staff and departments as instructed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. General science knowledge is helpful.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience in product assembly, small tool assembly, or related manufacturing position required.
- Must demonstrate excellent fine motor hand skills, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity in handling small things.
- Must be a quick learner, able to follow specific instructions, be patient, and keep up in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, and be able to work well on a team.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and an eye for quality control.
- Must have good analytical, math and observational skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to understand oral and written communications, including work instructions, protocols, and customer requirements.
- Must have basic typing and computer skills.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
Physical Job Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to sit, stand, walk, see, and use arms and hands to hold, feel and manipulate tools, products, and equipment. This role will regularly be required to bend, reach; and occasionally be required to kneel, crouch, stoop, and climb. Must be able to regularly lift, pull, and push objects that weigh up to 10 pounds; occasionally handle heavier items up to 30 pounds.
This position operates in a laboratory/assembly/manufacturing/warehouse environment, with regular exposure to odors, fumes, dust and noise.
About Ted Pella, Inc.:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for 53 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site to learn more about the company and the products we sell at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment drug screen. To apply please send a cover letter, a complete resume and your desired pay rate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Minimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 52 years. We have been in Redding for over 33 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated Company with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check when applicable.